The coach helps students achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline related to the sport or activity and sportsmanship. The general safety and welfare of each participant shall be the primary concern. The coach provides leadership and coordination in the assigned activity or sport.
- Oversees tryouts and selects participants in accordance with established guidelines.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice.
- Works closely with the Activity Director and/or Assistant Principal in scheduling contests, practices, meets, and competitions.
- Recommends equipment, supplies, and uniforms for purchase.
- Prepares and adheres to approved budget.
- Maintains attendance forms, insurance records, physical forms, and other required paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport or activity is conducted and when students are present.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition for the sport or activity.
- Licensed teacher or eligible for Rule 10 approval through the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA).
- Preference will be given to current licensed employees of the district.
- First aid, CPR, and AED certification required.
- Valid driver’s license required.