The University of Southern Indiana seeks applications for an Assistant Cross Country Coach. The position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the Cross Country intercollegiate sports program.
- Assist with coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Scout for and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinates recruiting activities with the Head Coach.
- Work with student-athletes and monitors adherence to rules and regulations for conduct, appearance, and behavior.
- Arrange van travel, charter bus, charter air or commercial air transportation.
- Secure ground transportation, arrange team meals and meeting space while on road trips.
- Secure practice times and facilities.
- Coordinate complimentary ticket list.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Related playing, coaching, and athletics administration experience preferred.
- Familiarity with OVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proficiency with computer systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail, and Internet software.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, management and administrative skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, alumni, and administrative staff.