Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with the operation and organization of the boys' and girls' cross country program at Rockville High School. Position assists with planning and conducting practices, safety and supervision of athletes, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in training and strategies related to the sport. The candidate will work with both male and female athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the head coach in conducting the athletic program of the particular sport and the total athletic program of the Vernon Public Schools.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities. (Pre-season, in-season and post-season).
- Provide by example: leadership, motivational techniques, and attitudes that help to produce positive efforts by participants.
- Plan and schedule with the head coach a regular program of practice (including holiday or vacation periods).
- Be responsible for the junior varsity and/or freshman programs where deemed possible.
- Properly supervise student-athletes at practice, in transit, at games, and until athletes are picked up from the school when necessary.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies and is responsible for implementation.
- Maintain discipline and work to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program and school community.
- Promote respect by example through appearance, manners, behavior, language, and conduct.
- Perform other duties that are consistent with the nature of the position and that may be required by the head coach.
Vernon Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.