Sheridan County School District 2 is seeking a positive, professional and motivated assistant cross-country coach to join the Sheridan High School team.
- Maintain current certification through the Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB).
- Maintain all appropriate certifications (CPR, First Aid) and immunizations.
- The assistant coach helps the head coach in choosing players for the team and assigning them to a position. He/she will need to help with tryouts and separate the players in to varsity and junior varsity teams (or A, B, and C teams as applicable) based on skill, teamwork and potential.
- Upon observing the players in practice sessions, the coach should help determine who will be the starters, keeping an eye for improvement from other players.
- The coach must have a good knowledge of the sport he/she is coaching. Experience playing, coaching, or acting as a referee is valuable for the position of a head coach.
- In addition to knowing about the rules of the sport, the coach must be aware of other rules and regulations.
- The assistant coach may be asked help with paperwork and must be knowledgeable about a number of regulations.
- Must have a good relationship with their team while still remaining the leader.
- Some coaches may need to encourage students working through injuries or in danger of losing their spot due to poor academic performance.