The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles (LA Catholics)
- 2250 active jobs (view)
Marymount seeks to hire an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as the Girls Asst Cross
Country Coach. The ideal candidate must be able to improve the performance of student athletes through motivation, technical instruction, game strategies and techniques in order to prepare them for competition. In addition to helping the athletes develop an appreciation for the sport. This position is seasonal from August 2023 through November 2023.
- Provides leadership, supervision and organization for the Cross Country Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marymount Athletic Department Philosophy.
- Develops an organized practice schedule to provide individual and team instruction.
- Educates the players regarding game rules, regulations and equipment care.
- Accompanies the team to all scheduled games.
- Assesses and determines the need for individual and team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provides appropriate supervision of athletes at all times.
- Helps and encourages athletes to maintain high academic standards.
- Informs the Athletic Trainer in the event of an athletic injury.
- Demonstrates a high standard of sportsmanship and models non discriminatory practices when addressing players, officials, spectators and visiting teams.
- A minimum of 3 years of coaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Athletic administrators, coaching staff, parents and students.
- Covid-19 vaccination required.