The purpose of the Assistant Cross Country Coach job is to ensure University assets are protected through adherence to applicable external and internal regulations and appropriate external representation of ULM Athletics.
- Assist the Head Coach in the teaching, organization, management, and administration of a NCAA Division I Track and Field program.
- Teaching proper fundamentals and techniques to individuals and groups of student-athletes on a daily basis including specific skill work on the track as well as classroom instruction.
- Assisting in recruiting student-athletes that meet the academic, social, and athletic standards at the University of Louisiana Monroe. This includes practice management and assisting inmonitoring academic progress of student-athletes within the track and field program.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with coordination of track and field showcase events, athletic department fundraising objectives, and increasing community support through positive public relations initiatives.
- Have and maintain a thorough knowledge and commitment to compliance with all NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Strength and conditioning certification is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of communication and marketing best practices.
- Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details effectively.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Must maintain a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Sun Belt, and ULM rules and regulations.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).