The Coach provides leadership and expertise regarding the rules, strategies, and techniques for the assigned activity, utilizing knowledge of the specific equipment, physical fitness and safety to prepare participants mentally and physically to compete at the highest level.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare successful practice/rehearsals and game/performance plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff.
- Encourage student participation and establish rapport.
- Motivate participants/athletes to achieve maximum potential.
- Maintain equipment and uniforms.
- Supervise all areas of participation including but not limited to: gyms, fields, arenas, theater, locker or dressing rooms, buses, etc.
- Work collaboratively with staff, Activities Director, families and community resources.
- Maintains compliance with all rules and regulations of the MSHSL.
- Complies with and supports all school district regulations and policies.
- Develops a program specific handbook.
Equity is one of ISD728's core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.