The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on whole child development to include expectations for academic and athletic excellence, leadership skills, and positive social relationships.
- Provide age and skill-appropriate training and instruction and coaching to students for the purpose of developing student skills abilities attitudes, sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Teach rules and safety and provide a variety of guidance, instruction, and experiences to enhance students’ personal, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Promote student participation in all sports and the value of being a multi-sport athlete in a positive manner.
- Supervise student behavior, correct behavior, and maintain discipline consistent with WIAA regulations and district/building policies and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling sport-related events including coaching meetings, practices, and games; and logistics related to the sport including transportation and parent meetings.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of student athletes. Provide first aid to injured or ill students and/or refer to appropriate staff as applicable.
- Establish and maintain professional interactions with students, staff, parents, and the general public.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Formal training in the specific sport as per WIAA requirements including current CPR/first aid card.
- Student cultural and economic diversity experience, preferred.
- Successful experience as a coach in the sport and at the specific age level.