Dundee-Crown is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Cross Country Coach with a strong knowledge in running form and distance running and in the overall management of the cross country program. Responsibilities include but not limited to working directly with coaching staff to develop practice and games plans, monitor, teach, instruct and motivate players, study and break down game film, keep detailed records of practice, progress and results.
- High school coaching experience is required.
- Must be able to coach at all levels within the program, able to coach various areas within the program, organized, flexible, able to take direction from the head coach and/or direct supervisor, and able to work with parents and the Booster Club.
- Experience with running and high school coach cross country and track is required.
- Enhance, improve, and maximize students’ athletic skills required to compete at a high level.
- In the off-season, make time for strength and speed training. Must be able to assist in fundraising, organization, and other tasks as directed by the head coach in order to ensure we maintain accurate records of equipment.
- Organizes and oversees specific program levels or areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director to secure facilities to ensure a safe practice/competition environment for students.
- Supports the philosophy, programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals, and proper conditioning communicated by the head coach.
- Communicates and plan with the head coach practice sessions and competition strategies to ensure the health and physical well-being of the student participants.
- Coordinates with the head coach and Athletic Director all in-season practices.
- Assures that all student participants at his/her program level are in compliance with D300 and IHSA requirements including current athletic physical, Code of Conduct, fees paid, and is academically eligible, prior to practice, tryout, and competition.