Assist the Head Coach with instruction of athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the Assistant Coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
1. Has the ability to assist in the organizing and supervision of a total sports program.
2. Has previous successful coaching experience.
3. The Assistant Coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
4. The Assistant Coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
PREFERRED LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING AND/OR TESTING REQUIRED:
- Possess a valid First Aid card.
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Annual concussion training / Steroid education certification.
- Heat/Hydration certification.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance required.
- Criminal Background Check and pre-employment drug screening required.