- Assist the head coach in planning the athletic program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and supervising practices.
- Assist the head coach in teaching individual fundamental skills, team plan, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Assist the head coach in teaching good sportsmanship and self-control.
- Assist in checking eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Assist students by providing a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Conduct learning experiences, under the direction of the coaches, with small groups of student athletes.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.