The Assistant Cross Country/Outdoor Track and Field Coach will start immediately and run through the end of the spring outdoor track and field season. The assistant coach will assist the head coach in all aspects of the men’s and women’s cross country programs and the men’s and women’s outdoor track and field programs. The head coach will set the duties of the assistant coach which will best help grow the four programs.
- Recruit and retain student athletes for the cross country and track and field programs, helping to maintain healthy rosters with the ability to fulfill NCAA minimum contests.
- Assist in practice planning and implementation.
- Assist in game day preparation and game day coaching/operations.
- Assist student life in night duty coverage.
- Attend ResLife training sessions related to on-call job responsibilities.
- Serve as a driver to help transport teams to meets in university vans.
- Coordinate with other departments and external contacts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deal with a variety of people in a courteous, tactful, and efficient manner.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to recruit, retain, and maintain a healthy roster size.