Trine University invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Assistant Cross Country/Track and Field Coach. The University is a member of the NCAA Division III and competes in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement training plans for various event groups in track and cross country.
- Identifying and recruiting potential student/athletes for track and cross country.
- Assisting in the development of a positive team culture.
- Home meet management.
- Travel with the team and may need to make travel decisions while on the road.
- Manage social media presence regarding both the track and cross country teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience as a collegiate student/athlete or coach is preferred.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license, as he/she will be responsible for driving the team vehicles on occasion to and from meets.
- Strong organizational, communication, and computer skills are necessary.
- This position will require some travel and the incumbent must have the ability to work evenings and weekends.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.