Assist the Head Coach with (1) the recruitment of prospective student athletes, (2) provide input and instruction with the development of the Cross Country and Track & Field program, and (3) various duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Research and identify prospective student athletes to input into a spreadsheet and maintain/update weekly for recruiting reports.
- Develop relationships with prospective student athletes and stay in contact with them on a regular basis.
- Develop relationships with area high school and club coaches and stay in contact with them on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively with various campus offices in relation to coordinating recruiting efforts.
- Pass yearly NCAA DIII rules exam.
- Maintain current knowledge and abide by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student, prospective student, and departmental needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student, prospective student, and department needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs and encourage an inclusive environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential.
- Demonstrate high energy, enthusiastic approach to duties, and a commitment to the continued growth of the program.