- Assist with overseeing the academic progress and success of student-athletes including promoting and maintaining an environment that encourages academic achievement as measured by academic eligibility, retention and graduation.
- Responsible for the procurement of practice and competitive apparel/footwear and for maintaining inventory of those items as well as all throwing implements.
- Promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior and sportsmanship by team members. Be responsible for the conduct of the team members both on and off the track.
- Promote and maintain an environment where the physical, mental, social and academic well-being of all student-athletes are a priority.
- Coordination of all ground transportation during the T&F season for team travel.
- Plan and participate in sports camps and clinics.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university;
- One (1) year of experience coaching throws at the college or university level;
- Knowledge of women’s track & field as competed at the collegiate level.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.