Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full-time assistant coach position with a focus on field event coaching for our men’s and women’s Cross Country & Track and Field programs. Trinity plays competitively in the NESCAC conference and the New England region.
- Assist the Director of Cross Country & Track and Field in leading and organizing all facets of a NCAA DIII men’s and women’s cross country and track and field program.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NESCAC and NCAA rules.
- Recruiting, practice planning and execution, equipment maintenance, and mentoring student-athletes.
- Administrative duties within the Department.
- The Assistant coach will be expected to help promote and facilitate the College and Athletic Department’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- This position requires both early morning and weekend availability throughout the academic year.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven successful college cross country and/or track and field coaching experience and/or college cross country and track and field experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and advanced social media skills.
- Candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.