Trine University invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Assistant Cross Country/Track and Field Coach. The University is a member of the NCAA Division III and competes in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement training plans for various event groups in track and cross country;
- Identifying and recruiting potential student/athletes for track and cross country;
- Assisting in the development of a positive team culture;
- Home meet management;
- Travel with the team and may need to make travel decisions while on the road;
- Manage social media presence regarding both the track and cross country teams;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience as a collegiate student/athlete or coach is preferred.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license, as he/she will be responsible for driving the team vehicles on occasion to and from meets.
- Strong organizational, communication, and computer skills are necessary.
- This position will require some travel and the incumbent must have the ability to work evenings and weekends.