- Assist head coaches in all aspects of running competitive collegiate cross country and track and field programs.
- Support the head coaches in developing and implementing strategies to successfully recruit, yield, and support a diverse group of academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Coach student-athletes in both team and individual settings.
- Organize and manage training programs for assigned event groups.
- Attend and support team needs at all practices and contests, including coordinating travel needs (food, lodging, transportation) for the team when necessary.
- Assist with the organizing, planning, and marketing for home cross country, indoor, and outdoor track and field meets.
- Create a team environment which allows all student-athletes to grow and develop as students, as athletes, as leaders, and as individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid driver’s license and be able to drive a minibus and 15-passenger vans.
The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, religion, disability, creed or any other protected class. Discrimination and harassment on any of the bases covered by state or federal antidiscrimination statutes is unlawful and a violation of Grinnell College policy.