Under administrative direction, the assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with all activities of the designated program, including but not limited to, recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes, academic progress of student-athletes, competitive game strategy, budget management, coaching staff oversight, and the program’s compliance with the University, Conference, and NCAA.
- Recruits and retains student-athletes capable of academic and athletic success at the university.
- Participates in community activities.
- Helps in coordinating team activities, such as practices, team workouts and other events.
- Completes all administrative responsibilities associated with the program in a timely manner.
- Helps to operate a program that is fiscally responsible and remains within the assigned budget parameters.
- Provides leadership in the team’s fundraising activities and initiatives to advance the program.
- Design instructions for individual student athletes and for specific team needs.
- Actively participates in development and donor activities and fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills required for working with diverse groups.
- Strong written communication skills; excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving student-athletes.