The part-time assistant distance coach provides instruction and leadership to student-athletes under the direction of the head coach. The part-time assistant coach is primarily responsible for teaching proper techniques and skill development in the area of distance running. Position responsibilities include planning and executing instructional practice sessions, facilitating discipline-specific lessons and attending meets.
- This position requires the ability to express independent discretion and judgment as to the manner and method of instruction.
- The ability to assess and cultivate student-athlete proficiency in key areas.
- Knowledge of discipline-specific fundamentals and techniques, physical health, team-concepts, and personal safety.
- The ability to take direction and instruction from the head coach.
- The Coach will be able to work independently and as a member of a team and be able to effectively communicate to individuals and groups.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience is preferred; 1 year of college level athletic coaching is preferred.
- A motor vehicle driving record acceptable to CTX is required.
- This position requires a working knowledge of the Concordia University Texas (CTX) vision and mission and an understanding of intercollegiate athletic operations, rules, and regulations.
Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.