The coaching assistant, who will have the working title of Assistant Cross Country/Track & Field Coach, will assist the head coach with the day-to-day operations of our successful NCAA Division II cross country /track & field programs. This includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, preparation for practice and competition scheduling, team travel organization, assisting the head coach with the athletic scholarships process, compliance with all NCAA rules, and student-athlete welfare. The assistant coach will work with the academic support services staff in fostering academic success for all student-athletes including graduation rates and retention of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree or two seasons of collegiate coaching experience.
- No NCAA major violations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain/obtain a California Driver’s License and campus defensive driving certification.
- Ability to maintain/obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to diversity and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups that relates to coaching responsibilities.
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Coaching experience in the jumps and/or multis and/or distance.