Fulfills the mission of Norwich University by assisting in the promotion and comprehensive public relations for Norwich Athletics and the department's 22 varsity sport programs. The Assistant Director of Athletic Communications is an integral member of the Athletic Department's external operations team.
- Assists the Director in executing programs and initiatives to deliver athletic communications objectives.
- Distributes communications, including but not limited to, news releases, event results and overall statistics for Norwich football, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, wrestling, as well as men's and women's lacrosse.
- Develops, plans, and executes content for weekly Athletics Newsletter that is distributed and informs an over 15,000 email address list serve on Norwich's 22 varsity sports.
- Identifies, coordinates, and manages Athletic Communications game-day staffing needs and responsibilities for Norwich's 20 varsity sport programs.
- Collaborates with Office of Communications' Creative Services team as lead graphic designer and creative design manager for programs, publications, recruitment materials to inform current and attract new students using Adobe Creative Cloud suite software.
- Provides digital media support, including strategic website updates, social media, video, and digital asset management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2 years of experience in intercollegiate media relations/sports information.
- Experience with sports statistics (Stat Crew, Prestostats, NCAA Live Stats software) required.
- Experience with databases, event planning, and project management preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud required.
- Able to sit, squat, reach, push, pull, and manipulate related equipment; lift 15 pounds; travel outdoors to various parts of the campus.
- Work evening, weekend, or holiday break hours.