Reporting directly to the Director of Athletic Communications, and ultimately to the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Director of Athletic Communications will be responsible for assisting with media relations, sports information, statistical management, event staffing, video broadcasting, marketing and promotion of the College's NCAA varsity sports and other programs associated with the department of athletics, and other duties as assigned.
- Attend home games, and selected road games, for varsity intercollegiate sports teams, and compile statistical data from those games for dissemination to the web, opposition, Centennial Conference, NCAA, and other media.
- Assist with media relations for the athletic department as needed.
- Assist with coordinating the video efforts of the athletic department, which include video streaming on the Garnet Sports Network and creating and editing video features and highlights.
- Maintain the statistical history and record books for all sports programs.
- Write press releases and recaps for the Athletics Dept. website.
- Design and produce publications (game-day materials/content) for all home events.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, sport management, or related field is required.
- Previous experience in a sports information/communications office.
- Master’s degree preferred and strong knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, including rules & regulations.
- Previous experience in game-day management, including supervisory responsibilities is preferred.
- Experience in writing, editing, layout, and design of publications and previous experience working with the media is preferred.