- Works with internal and external constituents to develop long-term planning and major PR initiatives for assigned Wake Forest athletic programs and ensures that the overall strategic PR program and accompanying messaging are fully integrated with all athletic department initiatives and activities.
- Works closely with all departments to explore, implement and integrate emerging technologies and ideas on social media.
- Works closely with all internal departments (i.e. Communications, Marketing, Video, Ticketing, Boosters, Operations) and team support staff to develop and execute internal and external fan messages for assigned programs.
- Manages and executes the day-to-day and game press operations for assigned sports. Oversee recruitment and management of game administration personnel.
- Bachelor's degree with at least one year of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Limited amount of lifting (boxes, monitors, etc.) and assembling required. Full range of physical activities. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Good working knowledge of the Athletic Communications/sports information profession.
- Knowledge of ACC and NCAA rules as they pertain to Athletic Communications/sports information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be proficient in social media platforms promoting the athletic department and its individual sports programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including experience working with members of the media.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.