This position is responsible for developing and implementing an annual communication plan for assigned varsity sports, including writing, editing and/or coordinating event programs, news releases, web pages and other material or projects supporting Intercollegiate Athletics' public relations, development, and other area goals. Working under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Athletic Communications, this position writes and edits articles and content that promote student-athlete accomplishments, support the WSU brand, and elevate the university's profile.
- A Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, marketing or other relevant field AND either two (2) years of professional experience in print OR broadcast news media, public relations, marketing including the use of electronic media or two (2) years of other relevant professional experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license by time of hire
- Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must be available 24/7 to assist with emergency/crisis management situations related to WSU Athletics, athletic management, coaches, and student-athletes requiring public relations management.
- Master's degree.
- Division I intercollegiate athletics work experience in a sports information office with several sport assignments.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high paced work and event environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to manage a high work load with frequent interruptions.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to work well with a variety of constituents, including student-athletes, coaches, University and Athletic administrators, and members of the media.
- Experience that demonstrates creative ability when designing publication.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various word processing and statistical software programs, specifically StatCrew and Hytek.