The Athletic Department at The University of Tampa has an available position for an Assistant Director, Athletic Communications. This position is responsible for providing support for the communications needs and social media, media relations and public relations for the Athletics Department and assigned sports programs.
- Write/produce sports feature stories.
- Report results to local and regional media.
- Gather and compile statistical information through Statcrew/Genius/Presto Stats.
- Manage official athletic department social media accounts, and maintain direct oversight to part-time positions charged with managing athletic department and team accounts.
- Ensure that social media calendar for all official accounts is being tracked and properly followed.
- Serve as the lead graphic designer within the department.
- Serve as the primary contact for volleyball, men’s and women’s lacrosse and beach volleyball. Manage and oversee all gameday staffing and athletic communications coverage for primary contact sports, and maintain social media and general coverage for teams throughout calendar year.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or a related field is required, as well as an understanding of athletic communications/media relations and the ability to write press releases. Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years' experience in athletic communications/media relations at the college/university level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to operate in a professional manner with various members of the media.
- A strong understanding of athletic communications and media relations.