The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
1. Advising and assisting in the work required to comply with all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Big Ten Conference, Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and University of Minnesota rules and regulations.
2. Oversee all compliance office matters for sports designated by the Director.
3. Assist in providing written rules interpretations to all athletic staff.
4. Assist in preparing and presenting educational material for support staff, coaches, athletic department staff, and other University staff.
5. Assisting with compliance office and athletic department projects and tasks as assigned by the director.
Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 8 years; strong written and verbal communication skills
Masters or law degree; two years of experience or more in Division I intercollegiate athletic compliance; experience with NCAA Legislative Services Database and Compliance Assistant Software.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.