The Assistant Director, Athletic Equipment Operations is responsible for monitoring all aspects of equipment operations in accordance with the NCAA and ACC rules for Intercollegiate Athletics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Olympic equipment room, including the management of equipment room functions for assigned sports; budgeting, inventory, audit, and reconciliation of Adidas account.
- Consult with coaches to establish equipment needs, and develop short and long term purchasing plans. Evaluate and recommend the replacement of athletic uniforms and equipment based on national safety standards.
- Assists in the receiving, issuance, use and maintenance of athletic equipment according to established policies and procedures.
- Receives new equipment and performs necessary documentation. Assists in the maintenance of current inventories of all athletic equipment supplies.
- Develops expertise with all safety equipment and stays current on all safety trends as they relate to athletic equipment.
- Oversees and develops procedures for the inspection of all athletic equipment to ensure high quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple projects in a timely fashion.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency required, to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite.