ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers and monitors established contracts with partners and service providers.
- Researches and develops new initiatives, technology to improve a social media presence, enhance revenue, and realize system wide opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with coaches and staff who use District central sites to schedule events and keep facilities in good order.
- Provides leadership to all coaches in the District regarding sports information.
- Maintains a system of accountability for transactions within budget parameters.
- Maintains a calendar of all athletic events.
- Ensures the preparation of fields, courts, pools, and other playing surfaces for practices, contests, recreational sports, and public use of the facilities, including the setup of all necessary equipment.
- Ensures appropriate maintenance has been conducted of all playing surfaces and indoor and outdoor equipment, including scoring, timing and video devices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of landscaping, specialized landscape equipment and surface preparation.
- Knowledge of safety protocols, including District rules and regulations, OSHA, and Texas rules of the road.
- Skill in communicating effectively orally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Skill in using social and online media in a professional setting.
- Skill in complex problem solving; identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skill in applying leadership principles and managing a large staff and budget.
- Skill in judgment and creativity in decision-making; considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Skill in monitoring/assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Skill in public relations, communications, and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to understand conceptual ideas and develop programming that serves the mission of the athletics program.