Bridgewater College, a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Director of Athletic Media Relations, to begin January 2023. This is a full-time, 10-month position, reporting to the Director of Athletic Media Relations.
- Assist in all daily operations of the Athletic Media Relations office.
- Handle primary contact responsibilities for multiple sports (potential sports include cross country, equestrian, softball, swimming, track & field, and volleyball).
- Provide media and campus promotion groups with information (pictures, film clips, biographies, updated statistics, game schedules, etc.) on all assigned sports.
- Provide or oversee game day coverage for all assigned athletic teams (media preparations, announcing, official scoring, game rosters and programs, and reporting scores to media).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 1-2 years as a student worker or intern in athletic media relations/sports information at the college level, or suitable experience in a related field.
- Experience with NCAA Live Stats, Presto Stats or Statcrew, Adobe Creative suite and website content management systems (Sidearm) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s auto insurance carrier.
Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or any characteristic protected by law.