This individual serves as a media relations contact for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics in addition to helping lead the department's social media and graphic design strategy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee media relations for the department's 19-sport athletic program, including direct day-to-day involvement with at least two programs.
- Promote the assigned sports through traditional media relations means, including press releases, notes, previews, and recaps, using Adobe InDesign desktop publishing software.
- Create, edit and produce video content for the website, social media, and ESPN3/ESPN+
- Supervise press operations for the assigned sports. Ensure that an adequate staff of student-assistant workers are assigned specific roles and are available to assist with media coverage of the home events.
- Coordinate the publicity efforts to direct media attention toward student-athletes and coaches being considered or nominated for special awards or recognition.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least one year of experience in athletics communications for intercollegiate or professional sports organizations and/or a communications/marketing agency.
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is required.
- Ability to create and update graphics using Adobe Photoshop and documents using Adobe InDesign is required.
- Direct experience with Stat Crew (Automated Scorebook) and/or NCAA Live Stats (Genius) is required.
- Experience with SIDEARM web-editing software is required.
- Ability to shoot and edit video is preferred.