The Assistant Director for Athletic Performance assists the Assistant AD for Athletic Performance in the oversight of all aspects of the athletic performance program in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference and University rules and regulations. The Assistant Director for Athletic Performance reports directly to the Assistant Athletics Director for Athletic Performance.
- Assist in development and implementation of comprehensive strength and conditioning training programs for assigned sport program(s);
- Organize, design, & implement training programs for long term rehab athletes in conjunction with the athletic training department
- Assist in organizing, designing, & implementation of speed, agility, conditioning and weight training programs for the football program and for football players
- Assist in sports performance nutrition daily duties; Purchase and track all supplements, food, & equipment for Athletic Performance fiscal year
- Assist in daily set— up and tear down of weight room for daily training sessions; Maintenance and up-keep of the weight room to ensure a safe and clean training facility
- Assist in organization and planning for staff continuing education
- Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field; minimum one year of strength training experience.
- Current certification from a nationally accredited strength & conditioning program; current CPR/AED certification (course cannot be completed solely online)