The University of South Alabama’s department of Athletics is seeking to hire an Assistant Director, Athletic Strategic Communications. Interested candidates should apply to be considered.
- Responsible for assisting in the effort of the Strategic Communications Office in the Department of Athletics.
- Responsible for generating feature content, photo, video and other unique coverage for USAJaguars.com, the official website of South Alabama Athletics.
- Responsible for producing online team record books, new releases and feature stories.
- Responsible for responding to media requests.
- Facilitates social media in line with department goals.
- Responsible for staffing home and select away events, supervising student assistants as well as stat crews and other event support personnel.
- Oversees maintenance of the athletics website for assigned sports, including but not limited to posting/updating team schedules, rosters, student-athlete/staff bios and keeps historical record books up to date.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with local, regional, and national media and coordinates interview requests.
- Works collaboratively with the Fan Engagement staff to develop and execute a cohesive strategy for assigned sports.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or directly related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama and one year of experience in sports communication or marketing.
- A masters degree in a related field may substitute for the required experience.