The Assistant Director-Athletics is responsible for assisting the Director-Athletics in leading, supervising, and managing the overall program of extracurricular activities for the district. He/she assists the Director-Athletics in working collaboratively with staff and families to provide every student with opportunity to participate in extracurricular athletic activities. The Assistant Director-Athletics works with the Director-Athletics to ensure compliance with all federal, state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), county and district requirements.
- Valid Texas principal certification or other administrative certification.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with physical education endorsement.
- Three years of successful teaching and coaching experience.
- Three years of experience as a secondary campus administrator.
- Knowledge of federal, state, UIL, county and district policies governing athletics.
- Knowledge of Board policies, federal and state laws & regulations, student services and operations.
- Ability to interpret policy and data.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- Ability to coordinate district functions.
- Strong organizational, communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will also require both traveling within the district and statewide. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.