This position is responsible for assisting the Director V – Athletics with directing the athletics program, activities, and physical education curriculum, and scheduling officials, hiring coaches and game workers, developing athletic schedules, overseeing equipment and uniform purchases, and coordinating the Tournament of Champions and Pink & White Lady Classic Basketball Tournaments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with the Director to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders implementing and/or maintaining services and programs, developing and maintaining schedules and ensuring achievement of district objectives.
- Assists with compiling data from a wide variety of sources analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with organization policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
- Assists with developing and managing budgets, allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities ensuring accurate allocations, revenues recorded, expenses within budget limits, and/or adherence to fiscal practices.
- Assists with directing athletic, physical education and driver education programs; the maintenance of services and the implementation of current and/or new programs and/or processes providing services within established timeframes and in compliance with related requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios.
- Knowledge to perform the functions of the job include pertinent laws, codes, policies, and/or regulations; personnel processes; and standard business practices.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, including: operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects and programs; overseeing program financial activities; developing effective working relationships; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and administering personnel policies and procedures.