The basic function of the Assistant Athletic Director Internal Operations will be to manage all business and fiscal operations of the Athletics and Recreation division. This position will be charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures for the operation of an efficient and effective business affairs unit that is in compliance with institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Manage all budget procedures for the department including performing budget transfers, submitting and approving travel and expense reimbursements, creating purchase orders, processing payments for employees and external vendors, along with coordinating the monthly reconciliation to Banner.
- Monitors the department budget on an ongoing basis to ensure adequate funding of programs and services.
- Ensures all transactions meet budget requirements and comply with all institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Coordinates monthly reconciliations to BANNER.
- Serves as the main procurement agent for Athletics and the department’s liaison with the Purchasing and Contracts Office.
- Prepares all department contracts.
- Prepares monthly reports (to unit heads) as well as any required annual NCAA/EADA financial reports.
- Manage the annual athletic budget submission, working closely with the University Director and other members of the Athletics management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including at least 2 years of experience in budget administration.
- Experience with higher education and intercollegiate athletics administration preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technology and systems.
- Ability to work independently and in groups, along with communicating effectively with a variety of University constituents including students, faculty, coaches and staff.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.