The Director of Student Services for Athletics for the Charles Luter Family Academic Success Center will primarily serve football student-athletes. The position is responsible for providing academic support, monitoring eligibility and academic progress. This person shall directly report to the Senior Associate AD for Compliance and NIL Initiatives
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate degree plans, monitor NCAA Progress Toward Degree requirements (6, 18, 24 and percentage), participate in the certification process for assigned student-athletes, evaluate high school and junior college transcripts, and assist with administrative responsibilities.
- Produce reports to be shared with coaches and other athletic administration such as grades, study hall sessions, tutoring, etc.
- Assist coaches in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes during official and unofficial visits.
- Maintains compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules to ensure academic and administrative integrity.
- Relate effectively with adult student learners, coaches, staff and faculty from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Identify at-risk students and make necessary referrals.
- Performance Program which includes APR and GSR; monitor all aspects of the Academic Progress Rate (APR) and Graduation Success Rate (GSR) to meet university goals and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge/experience with NCAA Division I academic eligibility policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic computer software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to identify at-risk students and make necessary referrals.
- Knowledge of student development and retention programs.