Reporting to a Director, Intercollegiate & Intramural Athletics, the position of Assistant Director Athletics and Aquatics (Part Time) is responsible for the management and programming located at Richard Daley College with an emphasis on providing a safe, well-maintained, and adequately staffed swimming pool and aquatic program environment that supports the instructional and wellness goals of the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC).
- Assists the Director, Intercollegiate and Intramural Athletics in the implementation of the “Academics First Agenda” and implementation of a Department strategy designed to increase enrollment, retention and completion within an athletics program.
- Manages the operations of the Aquatic Center and ensures the safety of swimming pool users by developing and implementing operating procedures and ensuring staff are properly trained on current safety and security procedures.
- Conducts regular safety and maintenance inspections of pool and equipment to reduce hazards and to provide maximum safety to patrons.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Aquatic Center staff. Ensures Lifeguard and Water Safety Instruction staff maintain current certifications for lifeguard, Water Safety Instruction, CPR/AED, and first aid and keeps records on file.
- Supervises aquatics staff including Lifeguards who ensure the safety of pool patrons and Swim Instructors who provide swimming instruction and other aquatic facility programming.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in physical education, recreation, sports administration or a related field.
- Work experience in an aquatic and/or recreational sport setting supervising programs is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lifeguard safety skills and water safety instruction.
- Must be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding; First Aid; Water Safety Instruction; and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.