Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordinating publicity for football.
- Lead the publicity efforts for an assigned sport and office of athletics development.
- Provide public and media training and preparation for members of the coaching staff and student-athletes to ensure the brand of Illinois Athletics and Fighting Illini Football and assigned sport.
- Responsible for assisting in the daily management and coordination of publicizing departmental activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, regional and national media for the purpose or promoting the sport programs and Illinois Athletics brand.
- Execute athletics communication efforts in the writing of press releases, production of media notes, designing programs, and tracking statistics and records.
- Write feature stories for departmental and University publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, sports communications, sports marketing, sports management, public relations, communications, English, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of professional experience working in the athletic communications/sports information field.