Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary media and sports information contact for women's basketball, women's lacrosse and track & field/cross country (men's and women's).
- Play a lead role in the Athletics Department's social media and content production efforts
- Promote the University through Athletics
- Act as liaison between the assigned sports and all media outlets.
- Preparation and dissemination of news releases and statistical information.
- Arrange content gathering for athletic events, including but not limited to photo, video and social.
- Update Athletics Department website.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years athletic communications experience.
- Extensive proficiency in content production and desktop publishing including
- Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress.
- Outstanding editing, writing and verbal skills.
- Some experience in video production and graphic design.
- Working knowledge of NCAA approved statistical procedures and programs (NCAA LiveStats and StatCrew) for assigned sports.
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.