Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director for Athletic Communications, the Assistant Director of Athletic Communications is responsible for handling all external communication functions for assigned teams including, but not limited to, media relations, public relations, content creation and distribution, and journalistic coverage.
- Serve as the primary public relations/communications contact for at least one Olympic Sports program in each of the fall, winter and spring seasons, and in a direct supporting role for football and men’s basketball programs.
- Assist in recruitment, training, development and supervision of intern, volunteer and temporary student workforces.
- Participate in other projects and attend Athletic Department meetings and functions as requested by the Associate Athletic Director for Athletic Communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum 2 years’ sports communications experience required.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required, and StatCrew software preferred.
- Solid understanding of new and emerging communications methods and tools.
- Graphic design, video production and/or photography experience preferred.