The Assistant Director, Athletics Communications is responsible for overseeing communications and content efforts for select University of Miami NCAA Division I teams and strategically promoting those programs in concert with the communications, digital, design and video departments to elevate the Miami Hurricanes brand across all communications channels.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary communications contact for UM’s track & field / cross country and volleyball, consisting of content planning, creation and distribution on social media platforms, writing and distributing press releases, serving as liaison to local and national media, press operations at home events, crafting feature stories and profiles, editing all publications, overseeing award nominations, managing all information on MiamiHurricanes.com and historical archiving.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental rules.
- All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and think critically.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, content management platforms, desktop publishing software, photography, graphic design software and statistical programs.
- Strong writing skills, including knowledge of AP Style.
- Intense attention to detail and multi-task orientated.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.