The Assistant Director of Athletics Development reports to the Executive Director of Athletics Development and will lead the day-to-day management and planning of fundraising and engagement events. The Assistant Director will be responsible for executing a robust stewardship program related to the Nova Points program and fulfillment of annual donor benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will serve as primary liaison with University Advancement Communication, helping coordinate all communications related to events, announcements, newsletters and more. Will work closely in this process with the Executive Director to ensure that all communications are reviewed/approved by all parties included before final and distributed.
- Will assist coordination and tracking of Athletics annual giving direct mail and email solicitations. Serves as liaison with Executive Director between Athletics and Annual Giving as it relates to this effort. Will attend meetings as representative of Athletics Development when the Executive Director is unable to attend a meeting.
- Will lead execution of robust stewardship program related to the Nova Points program and fulfillment of annual donor benefits. The Nova Points program includes coordinating a bi-annual refresh of all totals for external constituents in conjunction with the Men’s Basketball postseason seating process and Men’s Basketball season ticketholders renewal process.
- Will serve as primary liaison with the Alumni Association, supporting engagement opportunities and creating new initiatives. Initiatives will include serving as primary liaison for the Student-Athlete Mentorship Program, establishing alumni leadership group guidelines and helping create student-athlete alumni affinity group.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in higher education, college athletics and/or development.
- Ability to collaborate with many departments within University Advancement, Athletics and the University.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communications skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively externally with alumni, parents and friends of the university, in addition to staff members at all levels, diplomacy, tact and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality required.