The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance provides support in establishing a commitment to compliance with all University, NEC and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics. The successful candidate will report to the Associate AD/SWA. The position is responsible for all aspects of NCAA athletics compliance for LIU Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and ensures all processes, procedures, and systems necessary to direct the Athletic Department in complying with NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations for 37 varsity sport programs.
- Serves as primary contact with Conference Office, NCAA Eligibility Center, National Letter of Intent Office and NCAA Membership Services.
- Develop and implement athletics compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with institutional, NCAA, and conference regulations; monitor institutional and outside financial aid, benefits, recruiting, personnel, playing/practice seasons, and summer camps/clinics.
- Provides NCAA conference rules education and interpretation programs for administrators, coaches, support staff, student-athletes, booster groups, campus partners/constituents that promotes culture of compliance and institutional control.
- Responsible for filing all required NCAA and conference forms, reports, waivers, and appeals for review and approval prior to submission to governing authority (e.g., NCAA Squad Lists; eligibility certifications; APR, etc.).
- Manage student-athlete records in the applicable database (Compliance Assistant/ARMS). Collect and compile required departmental and NCAA eligibility forms.
- 5 or more years professional NCAA compliance experience, preferably at the Division 1 level.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.