The Assistant Director serves as the primary media contact, content creator and storyteller for assigned sports (women's basketball, volleyball and other assigned sports).
- Direct public relations, media services and social media efforts for women's basketball, volleyball and other assigned sports. Maintain records and archives. Work with broadcast partners to foster accurate and well-informed coverage.
- Create and produce print and virtual content including fact books, game notes, press releases, social media content and graphics, game/match recaps, and award nominations for student-athletes and coaches. Update the university's athletics website and mobile app with created and essential content.
- Manage event operations and essential staff at events, including games/matches and press conferences. Manage duties including scoreboard operator, public address announcer, stat keepers and photographers. Serve as a liaison for members of the media covering the event. Work both home and road events for assigned sports.
- Update social media platforms for assigned sports, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Contribute to department-wide social media efforts.
- Complete assigned projects from coaches and staff for assigned sports.
- Position requires evening and weekend work.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master's degree preferred. A degree in communications, journalism, public relations or similar is desired.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in the athletics public relations field is required.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression.