The Assistant Director - Athletics and Recreation is directly responsible for all athletic and recreation programming for the Culinary Institute of America’s (CIA’s) Hyde Park campus and provides direct supervision of all part-time athletic coaches, fitness instructors, student programming assistants and lifeguards.
- Responsible for athletic and recreation programming at the CIA, providing direct leadership in the development of coordinated, diverse, and high-quality athletic and recreation programs by cultivating an inclusive, safe, and diverse environment for students, as well as student staff.
- Responsible for creating, forecasting, monitoring, and allocating the various budgets associated with athletic teams, club sports, recreation, and intramurals.
- Assists in the development of the Campus Life programming calendar.
- Serves as the liaison between the CIA and the Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (HVIAC).
- Manages the intercollegiate athletic program including, but not limited to, game scheduling, home and away contest management, uniform and equipment ordering and inventory. Manages, plans, and organizes all outdoor recreation programs. Supervises and chaperones outdoor recreation trips as needed.
- Handles concerns from students and staff and addresses performance and conduct issues as required.
- Collaborates with the Director for Student Engagement to develop and implement departmental and divisional goals.
- Reviews and revises the policies and procedures associated with the athletics and recreation programs.
- Responsible for direct oversight and upkeep of the gym and pool including the purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education, Recreation Management, Sports Administration, or a closely related field or a Bachelor’s Degree with four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience either as a full-time professional or graduate student within the field of athletics, campus recreation, or fitness.
- New York State driver’s license, or the ability to obtain with the ability to drive a 14-passenger van.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain certification.
- Certified Pool Operator certification or ability to obtain certification.