The Assistant Director/Director of Compliance will coordinate the administration of NCAA Compliance within the Athletic Department in addition to assisting with academics, eligibility and student services. General supervision received from the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance. This position closely supervises interns and student workers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Compliance Administration and Coordination
- Monitors compliance with NCAA legislation, including all policies, procedures, and forms involved in managing the Athletic Department.
- Monitors all recruiting logs for NCAA compliance.
- Manages playing and practice season declarations.
- Monitors practice hours.
- Submits NCAA violations as needed.
- Researches rules interpretations, submits official interpretation requests to the NCAA and provides final rulings to coaches in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance to provide rules education sessions for all athletic department personnel, student athletes,. and representatives of athletics interests.
- Operates NCAA and JumpForward software to track overall department-wide compliance.
- Monitors official and unofficial campus recruiting visits to ensure compliance with NCAA legislation.
- Assists with various reports, including but not limited to, Academic Progress Rate, Sports Sponsorship and Demographics.
- Administers the National Letter of Intent program and scholarship offers for incoming student athletes.
- Coordinates the athletics aid renewal process.
Academics, Eligibility and Student Services
- Evaluates and certifies initial eligibility of student athletes.
- Monitors the continuing eligibility of student athletes.
- Collaborates with the Assistant AD in preparing official NCAA Squad Lists.
- Participates in the recruiting process by meeting with prospective student athletes as requested by coaches.
- Provides NCAA core course evaluations.
- Assists in developing and updating the student athlete handbook.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Directors and Assistant ADs to ensure a comprehensive understanding and ability to administer all aspects of one another’s programs and assist one another when necessary.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- One year experience working in a collegiate athletic department and/or cumulative experience working in a collegiate athletic department and as a college student athlete.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Personal initiative, dependability, self-discipline, self-confidence, and the ability to overcome obstacles and focus energy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of constituencies, including experience with supervisory skills.
- Experience in both short- and long-range planning and the ability to focus on administrative details.
- Patience and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with college student athletes.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
- Ability to travel with teams when required.
- Successful completion of required background checks.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Posting Salary:Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer.
Special Application Instructions: