- Coordinate and develop nutrition education initiatives and materials, utilizing a variety of platforms, including grocery store tours, cooking demonstrations, print materials, and social media.
- Lead all operations related to Football fueling station success - procurement, budget management, inventory management, food safety, nutrition education.
- Lead Football nutrition staff and intern program. Provide direct supervision and mentorship for success of each staff member. Document outcomes and metrics of success.
- Lead food service operations related to applied performance nutrition at home and on the road.
- Investigate potential supplements and ensure nutritional supplement use policies and procedures are up to date and followed. Research and analyze scientific and lay reports related to nutrition and athletic performance, translating the findings into sound advice for coaches, athletic trainers, and student-athletes.
- Lead quality assurance at the Texas Athletics Nutrition Center (TANC) with the Assistant AD of Performance Nutrition & Clinical Wellness. Monitor menu goals and nutrition education goals/initiatives. Provide on-site nutrition education. Evaluate student-athletes and staff on satisfaction and create strategies for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics, Exercise Physiology or related field. A current Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Texas Registered Dietitian licensure or obtain within 1 month of hire.
- Two years of experience providing nutrition services and education.
- Knowledge of human nutrition, with an emphasis on performance nutrition expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and counseling skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and record-keeping skills.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action.