The ideal candidate will work in conjunction and collaboration with the Senior Associate Athletic Director/Director of Athletic Communications and will serve as a university representative for the Wentworth Athletic Department. This person will play a key role in the messaging and branding of Wentworth Athletics to successfully promote our student-athletes, coaches, and athletic community.
- Serves as the primary contact for designated varsity sports and assists and supports all others.
- Oversees game day and event management athletic communication responsibilities for those designated sports and events.
- Serves as the primary contact in the development and execution of a social media strategy for the athletic department. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the athletics department social media accounts, such as graphics and creative direction of platforms that include Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Responsible for managing publicity and strategic communications, including but not limited to, writing, and editing content for press releases, feature stories, previews, game notes, inputting and compiling statistics, submitting award nominations, etc.
- The position will support the coverage of other sports and events and may require travel to select away or post-season events. The position requires evening and weekend work. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years working experience in the field of college athletic communications. Experience social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and statistical recording (ie. Statcrew, Presto).