The Assistant Director for Athletic Equipment Operations is responsible for assisting with ordering, distribution, collection, maintenance and laundering of uniforms and equipment for all intercollegiate athletics sports programs.
- Assist the Director of Athletic Equipment Operations with equipment orders for assigned intercollegiate teams.
- Manage the issue and fitting of athletics equipment
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the equipment room location of assigned teams including laundry and inventory of equipment.
- Communicate with appropriate Athletics staff members regarding maintenance and cleanliness of intercollegiate athletics team locker rooms.
- Manager equipment needs for visiting teams and game officials where necessary.
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years of athletic equipment room experience required;
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of inventory control/accountability, budget preparation and management is required.
- Ensure compliance with NCAA, IVY LEAGUE and University protective equipment standards, policies and procedures.
- Computer knowledge required. Knowledge of athletic equipment trends, proper fitting of athletic equipment and laundry equipment operations required.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as travel with various teams on an as needed basis.